- I've fallen off a bit from my MASSIVE STARGATE BRAIN TAKE-OVER (millions cheer!) (and yet I still can't seem to cycle out my Woolsey icon, because dammit he is just too beautiful), but sgastoryfinders
never fails to bring the lulz. Im looking for the fic where Rodney gets stuck under a pillar off world and tells Ronan to cut off his hand and then he grows an new one due to him handeling a device made by machello.
- After I discovered this fantabulous Guy/Marian vid to "Anything for Love
" (just... seriously... GAHHH. My endless love for that song combined with my endless love for Maz and Giz has rendered me speechless. IT IS SO PERFECT -- AND EEEE MY FAVORITE VERSE, THE BEST PART OF THE SONG, IS SO WELL TRANSLATED -- JUST SKIP TO 3:52 AND BE FILLED WITH WONDER), it also struck me that I am terribly fond of this Robin/Marian "It's All Coming Back to Me Now
" vid... I've spoken before
of my love for over-the-top Jim Steinman love ballads, so all that can now be concluded is that fandom also needs an elaborate "Total Eclipse of the Heart" vid (and, hey, look at 3.01! The writers clearly want one too!). I can't decide which ship would be best suited to the song, though (I want to say something OTHER than Robin/Marian or Guy/Marian, though, the poor girl needs a break already). Oh, and then when I was folding laundry today "Like a Prayer" came on and -- I'm sorry but it's TRUE -- it would make the most perfect Guy/Marian crackvid since ever
. (ETA 2: Okay, I think now Guy = Madonna has become cemented in my mind because "Open Your Heart" came on when I was cleaning my room this morning and, what do you know, that's a totally perfect pine-y song for him as well. I DON'T QUITE KNOW WHY BUT THIS MUSICAL AFFINITY FILLS ME WITH GLEE.)
- Hey! I'm excited about a new movie! Public Enemies
comes out this week, and I just might scrounge up the $6.50 to go see it. Plus, heads up, TCM's holding a gangster movie marathon on Wednesday.
- I finished Life on Mars last night. First of all, let me say just how weird it was to watch that
finale back-to-back with the Robin Hood one. Talk about different production levels, sheesh. (Actually, though, I found them both sort of epic and satisfying in their own way, so. YEAH, I KNOW. I might finally
have come to terms with some of my more gigantic Robin Hood issues; either that or my brain has decided that it isn't worth the effort of anguishing over them.) I can't get over how well put together every separate layer of mindfuck was in that episode, and I can't get over that it's, well, over! Man. I think I'm going to check out Ashes to Ashes because 1) GENE GENIE and 2) Keeley Hawes, oh good lord I crush on her so hard; but I feel like I need to take at least a few days off before starting on it to pay respect to my Sam/Gene love.
- Hey, Merlin's on! TTFN. ETA: Aaaand my dad's watching a History Channel special. Never mind. Ah, well, this frees me up for more time to troll the interwebs babbling about Robin Hood (because, yes, that
is one thing that has been sadly lacking in my life as of late).